FESTIVAL BRIKCIUS - The 9th chamber music concert series in Prague (1st - 30th November 2020) - ONLINE
You are invited to the Festival Brikcius - the 9th chamber music concert series in Prague (#BACH335, #VirtualVerdiChoir #CelloAcademyPrague), that was held annually under the auspices of the Mayor of Prague 1 and organized as a part of international Daniel Pearl World Music Days.
This year the festival planned to commemorate the 335th anniversary of the birth of Johann Sebastian Bach, the 250th anniversary of the birth of Ludwig van Beethoven, the 250th anniversary of the death of Italian baroque composer Giuseppe Tartini, the 175th anniversary of the birth of French composer Gabriel Fauré, the 140th anniversary of the birth of Swiss - American composer Ernest Bloch, the 140th anniversary of the death of French - German composer Jacques Offenbach, the 140th anniversary of the birth of Jewish composer James Simon, the 100th anniversary of the birth of Armenian composer Alexander Arutiunian and the 22nd Festival Poetry Day (the 210th anniversary of the birth of poet Karel Hynek Mácha).
The 9th annual festival will feature Czech cellist František Brikcius, cellist and poet Anna Brikciusová, composer and organist Irena Kosíková and siblings cello chamber ensemble Duo Brikcius. For further information, visit https://www.Brikcius.com/Festival .
Concerts are held annually in November in Prague (for example the Baroque chapel of the Istituto Italiano di Cultura di Praga, the Military Church of St. Jan Nepomucký, the Štefánik Observatory and the New Mill Water Tower). Because of current situation all events will be held online only.
Free admissions and a retiring collections. Booking is essential via Eventbrite http://FestivalBrikcius.eventbrite.com .
Festival features online streamings of music documentary film MAKANNA (Thursday 5th November), complete organ performance of 18 LEIPZIG CHORALES (Thursday 12th November), poetry reading POETRY DAY & ČAS VYPRŠEL / TIME IS UP (Monday 16th November), concert recording PRAGUE - BRNO: 6 CONTEMPORARY COMPOSERS FOR SOLO CELLO with visual accompaniment from the Observatory (Thursday 19th November) and final presentation of international project MUSICAL SOLIDARITY / COVID-19 (Thursday 26th November). It includes cello online master classes CELLO ACADEMY PRAGUE (1st - 30th November) via Zoom.
- Online introduction of music documentary film MAKANNA will take place on Thursday 5th November 2020 at 8 p.m., to commemorate the 120th anniversary of the birth of Jiří Weil (1900 - 1959) and the 22nd festival Poetry day. The documentary, back in Prague following a screening in Beijing (the 9the European Union Film Festival in China), Lisbon (MUVI - the International Music Film Festival in Portugal), Mexico (FIC AUTOR - Author's International Film Festival) and London (WALTHAM FOREST CELLO FEST 2019 - "London Borough of Culture meets Classical Music", from the concert performance of MAKANNA (organised in the cooperation with the Jewish Museum in Prague and held under the auspices of Sir Tom Stoppard and Václav Havel) is based on the novel of the Jewish writer Jiří Weil, about the rise and fall of the 7th century false prophet with his face covered with the green veil and his eyes glowing as embers. Featuring Jan Talich, Jan Židlický, František Brikcius, Irena Kosíková and Talich Chamber Orchestra. Admission by donation (cca 5-10 EUR suggested).
- Online complete organ performance of 18 LEIPZIG CHORALES will take place on Thursday 12th November 2020 at 8 p.m., to commemorate the 335th anniversary of the birth of Johann Sebastian Bach. Don’t miss cca 100 minutes of unique music set of 18 Leipziger Choräle (BWV 651-668) by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750) performed by Czech organist and composer Irena Kosíková. Admission by donation (cca 10-15 EUR suggested).
- Virtual poetry reading POETRY DAY - ČAS VYPRŠEL / TIME IS UP from Anna Brikciusová's new poetry collection, with accompanying cello music by the author, is scheduled for Monday 16th November 2020 at 8 p.m., as a part of the 22nd Festival Poetry Day and the 210th anniversary of the birth of poet Karel Hynek Mácha (1810 - 1836). We recommend to buy authors collection of poems Do bouře and/or Kolibří úsměv (limited edition - https://www.kosmas.cz/autor/53059/anna-brikciusova ). Both the event and books in Czech only. This event will feature Sarabande from the Suite No. 5 in c minor for Solo Cello (BWV 1011) by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750). In the cooperation with the Bach Festival Gers and the Festival Poetry Day. Free entry (purchase of the book/s suggested).
- Streaming of concert recording PRAGUE - BRNO: 6 CONTEMPORARY COMPOSITIONS FOR SOLO CELLO with visual accompaniment from the Observatory will take place on Thursday 19th November 2020 at 8 p.m. Czech cellist František Brikcius will present cello works by leading composers from Prague and Brno (Luboš Fišer, Petr Hejný, Jan Jirásek, Irena Kosíková, Jiří Matys and Miloš Štědroň). You will hear Fantasie and Rondo (1982) by composer Jiří Matys, Metall Sonata (1983) by cellist, artist and composer Petr Hejný, Dilema (1987) by film composer Jan Jirásek, Sonata (1987) by music and film composer Luboš Fišer, Dances of King Lear (1995) by a composer from Brno, Miloš Štědroň, and Stopy (2004) by Czech composer and organist Irena Kosíková. Live recording of the concert held under the auspices of Václav Havel was released on CD with support of the Foundation Charta 77, the Music Foundation OSA and the Czech Music Foundation. Followed by concert tour "Brikcius Cello Tour" in the Czech Republic, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Italy, Russia and the united Kingdom. In the cooperation with the Štefánik Observatory. Admission by donation (cca 5 EUR suggested).
- Final presentation of international project MUSICAL SOLIDARITY / COVID-19 will take place on Thursday 26th November 2020 at 8 p.m. The Musical Solidarity Project / Covid-19 - #VirtualVerdiChoir is created and produced by Israeli soprano Nofar Yacobi, as a respond to the global COVID-19 crisis. In global collaboration with Festival Brikcius, 55 opera houses, orchestras, cultural institutions, 16 Sign Language professionals and about 500 performers (singers, instrumentalists, conductors, soloists, orchestra players, music students and even passionate amateurs) from 65 different countries. Free entry.
- Online cello master classes CELLO ACADEMY PRAGUE (1st - 30th November 2020). For the first time Festival Brikcius is introducing online cello master classes CELLO ACADEMY PRAGUE, that will take a place in November (1st - 31st) 2020. Individual remote cello lessons are held in November online via Zoom or Skype. All ages (4 - 99), levels (Initial Grade, Grades 1 - 8) and abilities (beginner, student, advanced) are welcome. Our cello tutors are cellists and cello teachers František Brikcius and Anna Brikciusová, members of chamber music ensemble Duo Brikcius [2 Cellists - 2 Siblings]. In the cooperation with the Cello Academy of Waltham Forest Cello Fest in London. Book your online cello course now. Each course includes 6 x 50 minutes online lessons (+ cca 5 minutes for technical set up), final online presentation workshop and a certificate of completion. Limited number of accepted students.
Like previous projects (e.g. "eSACHERe", "MAKANNA", "Duo Brikcius - 2 Cellos Tour", "Weinberger Tour", "Festival Brikcius", ...), Festival Brikcius forms part of the Daniel Pearl World Music Days, which commemorate the legacy of Jewish journalist, musician Daniel Pearl, brutally murdered by group of terrorists for defending freedom of speech. For more details about the Festival Brikcius, visit the websites https://www.Brikcius.com/Festival and http://www.FaceBook.com/FestivalBrikcius .
Donations are welcome (thank you for supporting our artist in this difficult time - https://www.paypal.me/Brikcius ).