Talent Pool for Lawyers
- focus on Legal Affairs
- focus on Employment Law and Social Dialogue Advice, Appeals Committee Secretariat, Data Protection Office
In anticipation of forthcoming opportunities in several of our legal units, we have opened a talent pool for lawyers to work in the European Patent Office. Are you driven by legal challenges and do you thrive in an international environment? If so, we would love to hear from you.
The portfolio of Principal Directorate Legal Affairs is broad, varied and underpins every aspect of the EPO's work, from its core business in the patent granting process and as an international organisation to its co‑operation agreements, tenders and contracts, and from developing the legal framework of the European and international patent system to providing legal support.
The Principal Directorate Employment Law and Social Dialogue Advice provides management and business units with prompt, personal and professional support. Its mission is to promote a culture of dialogue and sound administration of justice. It advises management and decision-makers on employment law and social dialogue, contributes to projects, pursues amicable settlements and represents the EPO in litigation.
The Directorate Appeals Committee Secretariat provides administrative, operational and legal support to the Appeals Committee, an internal advisory body that carries out peer reviews by means of internal appeal proceedings as part the EPO's formal procedure for resolving employment-related disputes.
The Data Protection Office plays a central role in ensuring high standards of data protection in all the EPO's internal and external relationships and in the accountable processing of personal data. Its tasks are pivotal to the ongoing digital transformation and comprehensive modernisation of the EPO DP framework.
Further information on the individual areas where we anticipate future legal opportunities, including specifics on what their responsibilities are, can be found here.
With us you will:
- provide legal support, advice and expertise on the relevant field of law
- contribute to the development of the EPO's legal framework and the European and international patent system
- conduct legal analyses, draft legal opinions and take legally binding decisions, where needed
- advise senior management on new policies and projects
- assist in the management of legal risks to the EPO
- draft patent-related agreements and provide legal advice in the context of their negotiation, as well as their implementation
- represent the EPO in meetings with both internal and external stakeholders
- deliver presentations, training and workshops on legal matters
- serve on advisory bodies and participate in working groups
- attend hearings and internal discussions
- benefit from our "New Ways of Working" policy that allows you to work from home up to 70% of your working time (including up to 60 days from any of our member states)
Apply if you have:
- a diploma of completed university studies at masters level in law (fully-qualified lawyer) or – in exceptional cases – equivalent relevant professional experience
- relevant knowledge and professional experience in at least one of the following areas: administrative international law, private law (including employment and contract law), national public law including construction and tax law, public procurement law, IT law, European and international patent law, EPC and PCT procedures, international public law, EU law, data protection law or privacy law, legal tech solutions
- very good legal analysis and advisory skills
- the ability to understand legal issues in their wider context, including political and legislative processes
- experience of drafting legal opinions, pleadings and other written submissions and legislation
- excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex issues in an easily understandable manner
- the ability to work effectively and accurately to strict deadlines with a strong results-orientation
- a high degree of commitment and a proactive approach
- the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- very good organisational and planning skills
- excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one official language (English, French and German) and the ability to understand the other two; alternatively, excellent knowledge (at least C1) of English and working knowledge of either French or German would be a strong advantage (in such cases, the willingness to learn the missing language(s) and to reach level B2 within a set time frame would be required)
- experience of working in an international environment and/or at international level
- citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation
The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications and relevant experience, supplemented as appropriate by interviews, tests and/or a personality questionnaire, with the aim of constituting a reserve list.
Job group: 4
Grade: G7 to G10 (net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 5 911 to 8 385, depending on experience)
Duration of appointment: Five years
Career path: Technical
Location: Hybrid based in Germany (Munich) or The Netherlands (The Hague)
Application deadline: 23 November 2022
Interviews planned for: 9-20 January 2023
* after deduction of EPO-internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social security and pension schemes.
We welcome all applications for vacant positions. We consider each on its professional merits – regardless of your nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.
Firma-Name: European Patent OfficeLand-DE: NěmeckoBavorskoHorní Bavorsko (Oberbayern)Mnichov (München)
Untertitel: focus on Legal Affairs / focus on Employment Law and Social Dialogue Advice, Appeals Committee Secretariat, Data Protection OfficeLogo: Typ úvazku / Anstellungsart: Plný úvazek
Datum: Pátek, Listopad 4, 2022 to Středa, Leden 4, 2023Telefon: +49 8323995066Kontaktperson: Recruitment departmentThemen/témata: Práce v zahraničíPráce v zahraničí pro ženyPráce v Německu pro ČechyPráce v Německu ihnedPráce v Německu pro ženy
Firmenkontakt-Formanzeige: AnoBranže/Kategorie: Právní službyStátní a veřejná správa
AddThis: Délka pracovního poměru: Befristet
Rules-Update Start-Datum erlauben: anFirmensitz: European Patent OfficeLand: DeutschlandUnternehmensseite-Bewerber: https://vonq.io/3W7PnfJ
TOP-Angebot: Benachrichtigung-Gesendet: von: 5911.00bis: 8385.00Monat/Stunde: € / Monat